HPCL has won several awards in the year 2010-11. A brief account of the achievements in 2010-11are as follows (As of March 2011).
- HPCL ranks 354 in Fortune Global 500 list
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. HPCL is ranked 354 position during 2009-10 in the prestigious list of Fortune Global 500.
- HPCL ranks 1002 in Forbes 2000 list
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. HPCL is ranked 1002 position during 2009-10 in the prestigious list of Forbes 2000.
- World’s Most Reputable Companies
HPCL has been ranked 111 th in the list of the “World’s Most Reputable Companies” in 2009, according to Reputation Institute [RI] in recognition of Corporation’s initiatives taken in various fields such as Corporate Governance, Integrity Pact, Transparency, Customer Delight etc.
- International Awards for HPCL – HR
HPCL Director-HR, Dr. V. Vizia Saradhi, has been conferred with the prestigious “Leading HR Leader Award” by Singapore HR Institute (SHRI), Singapore. HPCL has also bagged the “Leading HR Practice Award (Special Mention)” for its innovative HR practices viz Samavesh, Sadaa-aap-ke-liye, competency development process etc.
- NDTV Profit Business Leadership Award 2009
HPCL has bagged the prestigious ‘NDTV Profit Business Leadership Award 2009’ in the Oil & Gas (Public Sector) category in recognition of various initiatives and innovations undertaken by HPCL to respond and adapt to the ever changing business scenario and the excellent team work.
- Greentech Environment Excellence Gold Award 2009
Mumbai Refinery has bagged the Greentech Environment Excellence Gold Award 2009 in the Petroleum Refining Sector.
- OISD Awards 2008-00
Mundra Delhi Pipeline has been conferred with BEST OVERALL SAFETY PERFORMANCE amongst Cross Country Pipelines (Product) for the year 2008-09 and POL locations has been conferred with “OISD Safety Award” with First Rank for the year 2008-09 by MOP&NG.
- Brand Leadership in Service Industry Award
HPCL has bagged the prestigious “Brand Leadership in Service Industry” Award at the World Brand Congress 2009 held recently in Mumbai. The awards recognize Brand Excellence and have been conferred on HPCL for our path breaking initiative of e-fuel stations.
- Marketing Professional of the year Award
Shri S. Roy Choudhury as Director (Marketing) was conferred with the “Marketing Professional of the Year Award” at the World Brand Congress 2009 held at Mumbai.
- Greentech Awards - 2009
- Manglore LPG Import Facility (MLIF) has won the “Greentech Environment Excellence Gold Award-2009” in the Petroleum Marketing Sector
- Mysore LPG Plant has won the “Greentech Gold Award 2009” in LPG Bottling Sector
- Loni LPG TOP & Bottling Plant has won the “Greentech Environment Excellence Silver Award- 2009”.
- Hassan Terminal has won the “Greentech Gold Environment Excellence Award 2009” in the filed of Safety, for the Fourth consecutive year
- Manglore Terminal has bagged the Greentech foundation’s Environment Excellence Award “GOLD” for the year 2009 in the category of Petroleum Marketing Sector
- Salawas Depot under Jodhpur Retail Region has received the “10th Annual Greentech Environment Excellence Silver Award 2009” in Petroleum Marketing Sector
- Ajmer LPG TOP & Bottling Plant has bagged “10th Annual Greentech Enviornment Silver Award”
- Visakh Refinery has been awarded with “Greentech Environment Excellence Silver Award -2009” for the 3rd consecutive year
- HR Awards
HR Awards: HPCL Director – HR, Dr. V. Vizia Saradhi has been conferred with prestigious “HR Professional of the Year Award” at the 4th Employer Branding Awards 2009 (Regional Rounds) organized by the Employer Branding Institute, India. HPCL has also bagged “Employer Brand of the Year Award” (Petro Chemicals Category) and “Award for Talent Management” for Competency Mapping & Development Centres process.
- Corporate Governance Award 2009
HPCL has won the “Corporate Governance Award 2009” from the Institute of directors, for the third consecutive year at the Corporate Governance Summit held at Bangalore.
- SAIL HR Excellence Award
HPCL has bagged the “SAIL HR Excellence Award” under the Large Scale Organisation category (Manpower strength above 5000) for its Best HR Practices.
- Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Puraskar
HPCL has been conferred with “Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Puraskar” by Govt. of India, Ministry of Home Affairs - Rajbhasha Vibhag for the year 2008-09 under PSU category for excellent performance in “B” Region for the third consecutive year.
- Star Retailer-Forecourt Retailer of the Year
HPCL has bagged “Star Retailer-Forecourt Retailer of the Year” Award for the fourth year in succession and “The CMO Council Market Leadership Award”.
- Readers’ Digest Trusted Brand Gold Award 2010
HPCL has been conferred with coveted Readers’ Digest Trusted Brand Gold Award 2010 in Petrol Station Category for the fifth consecutive year.
- INDY’s Leadership Award
Shri. S. Roy Choudhury, as Director (Marketing) was conferred with “INDY’s Leadership Award” during ‘Stars of the Industry Award’ for outstanding contribution to the field of Marketing & Branding.
- State Level Safety award 2010
Mangalore LPG Import Facility (MLIF) has been conferred with the prestigious ‘State Level Safety award 2010 (First Prize)’ for Medium Scale Industry from the Department of Factories, Boilers, Industrial Safety & Health, Government of Karnataka. This award is presented as a mark of recognition for the excellent contribution made by MLIF on Safety, Health and environment.
- ASTD Award
HPCL has been conferred with the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) Award for “Excellence in Practice” for its unique initiative “Samavesh 2008”. HPCL is the only Indian PSU to feature in the list.
- SCOPE Meritorious Award
HPCL has won the SCOPE Meritorious Award for Best Human Resource Management Company for the year 2007-08.
- Infrastructure Excellence Award for SALPG
SALPG has been conferred with the Infrastructure Excellence Award in recognition for excellent and strategic initiatives in the field of infrastructure creation and development.
- PFFCA STAR 2009 Award
HPCL has been conferred with PFFCA STAR 2009, a National Award as recognition of excellence in the category of “Structural & Graphic Design for improved Aesthetics” for “HP Laal Ghoda Metalized Rollapack”.
- Business Today Best CFO Award to Director-Finance
Shri. B. Mukherjee, Director-Finance has been conferred with “Business Today Best CFO Award” under the category Best CFO in a PSU.
- Outstanding Contribution to HR (PSU)
HPCL Director-HR, Dr. V. Vizia Saradhi has been conferred with two prestigious awards viz., “Outstanding Contribution to HR (PSU)” & “Most Powerful HR Professional Award” at the Asia’s Best Employer Brand Awards ceremony, held in Singapore. At the same forum, HPCL also bagged two awards for the following unique HR practices:
- Award for Competency Management Process at HPCL (Talent Management)
- Award for Excellence in unique training initiatives:
- Project Utkarsh - the skill development initiative for LPG workmen
- Samavesh for COMCO officers - the focused training program for the newly promoted COMCO officers.
- "CIO 100” Award
“CIO 100” Award :HPCL bagged the “CIO 100” Award for the fifth consecutive year in recognition for agile infrastructure set up Information Technology to achieve objective of ensuring availability of all applications to business users.
HPCL has also been the winner of “Infrastructure Award” for the first year, which is one of the five categories for the special award.
- Balance Scorecard collaboration Hall of Fame Award 2010
HPCL awarded the prestigious Balance Scorecard collaboration Hall of Fame Award 2010. The Hall of Fame award honours organisations that have achieved execution excellence through the use of the Balanced Scorecard (BSC), the world’s preeminent strategy and performance management system.
- Shetriya Rajbhasha Puraskar
HPCL West zone has been conferred with Shetriya Rajbhasha Puraskar by Govt. of India, Ministry of Home affairs- Rajbhasha Vibhag, Regional Implementation Office, for the year 2009-10 under PSU category for excellent performance in ‘B’ Region among 1200 enterprises.
- CII Environmental Best Practices Award
HPCL Visakh Refinery has been presented with “CII Environmental Best Practices Award” for its most innovative environmental project “Sweetening of Refinery Fuel Gas for Internal Fuel”.
- Customer Loyalty Program Award
HPCL has bagged the best “Customer Loyalty Program Award” for Drive Track Plus card program and “Marketing Campaign of the Year” award for the product promotion campaign “HP Happy Wheels” for power and petrol at the Asia Retail Congress 2011.
- HR Awards
HPCL Director – HR, Dr. V. Vizia Saradhi has been conferred with prestigious “Business Excellence in HR –Chanakya Award” by the Public relation Council of India. This award is given in recognition of outstanding contributions made by individuals in the field of HR at Industry level.